|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 12 Sep 2020 ||I||12 Sep 2020|
- Not shocked kind of expected it tbh
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 12 Sep 2020 Undergrad GPA: 3.60|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 166/169/4.00
GRE Subject: n/a
|I||11 Sep 2020|
- Got the rejection email yesterday after the waitlist, also got an option to reactivate my application in Spring/Fall 21. I'm guessing all of y'all also got the same option?
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 12 Sep 2020 ||I||11 Sep 2020|
- I was waitlisted on 16th July, 2020 and just now received the rejection. I'm really disappointed and depressed because first of all, Columbia University made all the applicants wait so long. I had applied in November 2019 (almost a year ago) and gave the first interview on 10th March 2020 and the waitlist interview (2nd interview) on 16th July 2020. Congratulations and all the best to all the applicants who got accepted! I had really hoped that I'd get in :(
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via E-mail on 10 Sep 2020 ||I||10 Sep 2020|
- Can not believe I'm still in pending without any comment from the University....... Feels like I am ignored ;( Please anyone tell me what's going on now
|Concordia University (Canada)||Computer Science, Masters (S20)||Accepted via E-mail on 7 Sep 2020 ||O||7 Sep 2020|
- Wasn't able to find a supervisor. So I'm being offered Master in Applied Computer Science.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via Other on 7 Sep 2020 ||7 Sep 2020|
- TTPB: they will start the fall semester tomorrow, so I think there's no hope.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via E-mail on 7 Sep 2020 ||O||7 Sep 2020|
- Is there anyone who got the result from the wait-listed? The first week of September is passed, but I still do not receive any response since wait-list notification.
Maybe I am rejected...😭
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via Other on 1 Sep 2020 ||O||1 Sep 2020|
|Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Accepted via Postal Service on 30 Apr 2020 ||A||30 Aug 2020|
|University Of California, Davis||Computer Science, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 18 Feb 2020 ||U||27 Aug 2020|
|University Of Waterloo||Computer Science, Other (F20)||Rejected via Website on 24 Aug 2020 ||O||24 Aug 2020|
- Canadian. MMATH coursework. Non-traditional background: chemical engineering undergrad at Waterloo, 89/100. Really hoped to get in, but good luck to everyone else!
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via Other on 7 Aug 2020 ||7 Aug 2020|
- TTPB: release all results in September is weird, especially they did admit one person on July 30th. I believe most of us will definitely move on to another school in late August since orientation, class registration, and paying tuition all start at that time. Asking for transferring isn't the worst, asking for a refund from ur current master program is gonna be a lot of work...
|Imperial College London||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via E-mail on 7 Aug 2020 ||I||7 Aug 2020|
- Wait Listed. If anyone holds an offer but not planning to attend the course please let them know.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via Other on 7 Aug 2020 ||O||6 Aug 2020|
- Too exhausted. I need to decide whether should I go to another school that starts before September. I even do not know that If I select to another university, can I transfer to Columbia Univesity as the admission from wait list? By the way, thanks the information from below.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via Other on 6 Aug 2020 ||I||6 Aug 2020|
- TTPB: Please could you copy and paste the content of the actual official mail that you got as a reply from Columbia University. I too have been waitlisted and the wait is really killing me now :(
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Wait listed via Other on 6 Aug 2020 ||6 Aug 2020|
- I emailed them and got replies that if there are any admitted students rejected the offer, their seats will be available, and but those available seats will come out together in September, WTF.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via POST on 6 Aug 2020 ||A||6 Aug 2020|
- THIS IS SO FUC*ED..... WTF IS GOING ON, I NEED THE GODDAMN DECISION. Reject me if you will but damn it give me closure... semester starts real soon.
|University Of Southern California||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 10 Feb 2020 ||U||6 Aug 2020|
- Has anyone who deferred their enrollment to Spring 2021 received their formal notification of the decision by email (for Spring 2021)?
I was accepted into the Summer 2020 program, but I chose the option to defer to Spring 2021. I submitted my term update request in which USC replied, "your decision for Spring 2021, which will remain the same as for Summer 2020, will be issued by July 17th." I have not received this email. I tried emailing them on July 24th, but I haven't heard anything back. Is anyone in the same situation?
|University Of California, Davis||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 11 Jun 2020 Undergrad GPA: 3.93|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 153/165/3.50
GRE Subject: n/a
|5 Aug 2020|
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via POST on 3 Aug 2020 ||O||3 Aug 2020|
- TTPB: I know its a lot of wait!!! I hope we get positive outcome soon! The poster below did provide comprehensive info
If that is the case then there is some hope!
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via POST on 2 Aug 2020 ||O||2 Aug 2020|
- TTPB: Thank you for such a comprehensive information... I guess chances are there but slim as students have to inform them that they do not want to enroll in fall or spring... So I guess in best case there might be 5-10 admits... Not more than that... Btw congrats on amazing admits... Yeah Columbia is my dream school too... Hope I get in...
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Accepted via POST on 10 Apr 2020 ||I||1 Aug 2020|
- TTPB asking about the acceptance rate. This year they had an acceptance rate of ~14% (I was on the admitted student webinar and they informed this thing to us on the webinar; there were many questions asked on this) probably because of Covid I presume (they might have had even lower acceptance rate before I guess). They are very selective and being an IVY league they tend to reject many deserving applications (many people on gradcafe have highlighted this thing over and over again; I agree with this), I have friends who deserved admission but were rejected. Moreover, it is difficult to predict chances of admission to top 20 unis even if you have a solid profile. For instance, I have a Granted Patent as the first inventor, Publication in Q1 IEEE journal (IEEE Access; First and only author), Published over 8 papers in springer (all as first author), produced my own security protocols which received the status of Granted Software Copyrights, Did research internship in DRDO (Indian Defence) and was an external reviewer for IEEE Access. I had a GPA of 8.97 from top Indian Private Institute, had strong recommendation letters (all highlighting my research capabilities), and solid background in security. I applied to 7 unis and was accepted to CMU, UCLA, NYU, USC, Columbia for computer science and got rejected from JHU, UofC. Although, the programs I was accepted to are better than JHU and UofC, my point is that no one can predict there chances of admission to top unis. It is very likely that you get rejected from your safe choice and accepted to your dream school. I will be attending Columbia over all the other offers as Columbia is my dream school. For others waiting, I know few people who are on the same boat, I guess they will announce something very soon. I am very pissed as of why they have not yet released the results. I am waiting for my best friend to get accepted so that we can go together, that's the reason I kind of check the gradcafe website everyday. I feel they are waiting for students to update the university if they cannot make it to Columbia in fall or spring so that they can release the results. In there recent email to the admitted students they had this in the email: "If you are no longer planning to enroll at Columbia in either Fall or Spring, please let me know right away." I hope this gives you some clarity! Because I feel there is still some hope! All the best to others who are waiting!
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via E-mail on 31 Jul 2020 ||O||31 Jul 2020|
- TTPB: To the person who got an admit on 30th July 2020, were you on the waitlist or directly got admitted? Also, what deadline has Columbia University given you to respond to the offer?
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via Other on 31 Jul 2020 ||O||30 Jul 2020|
- TTPB: going to graduate from Brown ScM MSCS next year, I will say either JHU or Brown will be a better choice than Columbia. I received offer from Columbia CS last year but chose Brown in the end and not regret. Although I'm not in ECE, generally speaking I think since most of programs in Brown have a smaller class, with top tiers professors and will definitely have a higher quality. My friend in Columbia told me their career fair was awful as well, but the good thing is its located at NYC, so really depends what are you looking for. Hope this helps.
|Columbia University||Computer Science, Masters (F20)||Other via Other on 30 Jul 2020 ||O||30 Jul 2020|
- TTPB: I am an alumnus of Johns Hopkins CS and now I am in Columbia Univ. To answer your first question, I would choose JHU MS in Data Science over Brown. There are several reasons. JHU's NLP and ML are very strong. Taking the core classes of the DS program will definitely be great. In addition, it is offered by the Department of Applied Mathematics & Statistics which is well ranked. Columbia's MS in CS program will give you the freedom to select courses, not only from CS but other departments like Statistics, EE, IEOR, Applied Physics & Mathematics. Columbia CS program's strength lies in systems, security, and ML. Columbia also has a dedicated Data Science institute closely affiliated with CS, if that is what you are interested in.
Ultimately, you need to decide based on what you want out of the program. Either way is good. I must say Columbia's CS is very selective; acceptance rate is less than 10%. And you get to have proximity to the industry.