|University Of South Florida||Economics, PhD (F20)||Other via POST on 1 Jun 2020 Undergrad GPA: n/a|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 151/157/2.50
GRE Subject: n/a
|U||1 Jun 2020|
- Did someone hear back from USF Ph.D. program? I don't the outcome of my application yet.
|VGSE Vienna||Economics, PhD (F20)||Interview via E-mail on 30 May 2020 ||I||30 May 2020|
- Wondering if anyone has been interviewed recently and accepted their offer?
|Paris School Of Economics (PSE)||Public Policy And Development (PPD), Masters (F20)||Wait listed via E-mail on 1 Apr 2020 ||I||29 May 2020|
- Hi, I don't suppose anybody has heard back from being on the waitlist yet?
|Cemfi||Economics, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 29 May 2020 ||29 May 2020|
|CEMFI||Economics, Masters (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 28 May 2020 ||28 May 2020|
- 161Q GRE, 159V. 110 TOEFL.
But I had a weak background in Econ and quantitative fields, so this was kind of expected. (weird how it took them over three months to process my application though)
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 12 May 2020 ||I||28 May 2020|
- Ok.That means other universities are sending out the I20 docu*ents.
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 11 Mar 2020 ||27 May 2020|
- TBP Unfortunatedly, I got no financial aid from the department, it means no-funding admission. So, I didn't any action to the school. You may ask Jamson Yu who about the I-20 docu*ent. Actually, I got I20 from the another university. As in the case of Visa, it will take a long time. You may quickly get I20 docu*ent from the department. Good luck!
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 12 May 2020 ||I||27 May 2020|
- Are the Universities sending out I20 form?I haven't received till now.Please respond. I am tensed .Thanks in advance!
|London School Of Economics And Political Science (LSE)||Comparative Politics, Masters (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 24 May 2020 ||U||26 May 2020|
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 12 May 2020 ||I||26 May 2020|
- Yes.I was awarded full funded offer.Would have been glad if there was a whatsapp group for the entering class.
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 11 Mar 2020 ||26 May 2020|
- TPB : Congraturations. I do not know whether there is a community for accepted students. Did you have an admission with a financial aid?
|SUNY Buffalo||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via Other on 12 May 2020 ||I||26 May 2020|
- This is a request to the entering cohort at SUNY Buffalo that please share the link of any whatsapp group created for the accepted students.Thanks in advance.
|University Of Surrey||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 26 May 2020 Undergrad GPA: 3.90|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 160/160/4.00
GRE Subject: 4
|I||26 May 2020|
|London School Of Economics & Political Science (LSE)||International Relations (Research), Masters (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 27 Apr 2020 Undergrad GPA: 3.76|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 165/158/4.50
GRE Subject: n/a
|U||26 May 2020|
|UC RIVERSIDE||Economics, PhD (F20)||Wait listed via E-mail on 25 May 2020 ||O||25 May 2020|
- has anyone received a funded offer after 15th May?
|US Universities||Economics, PhD (F19)||Other via Other on 25 May 2020 ||25 May 2020|
- Have you received the I-20?
|VGSE Vienna Wien||Economics, PhD (F20)||Interview via E-mail on 12 May 2020 Undergrad GPA: n/a|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 149/170/3.00
GRE Subject: n/a
|I||25 May 2020|
- Was interviewed one week after rhe email. was told that I would get the result by the end of the corresponding week, but I have not yet.
Anyone in the same situation?
|US Universities||Economics, PhD (F20)||Other via POST on 21 May 2020 ||I||21 May 2020|
- TPRB To be honest, I would not put my hopes on a Spring semester admission. Most Econ/ApplEcon sequences start exclusively in the Fall, and it would be hard to expect for the Departments to put classes on hold for a whole semester. Also, there are plenty of admitted students that are either from the US or already living there; depending on how large their share is, then the balance is more unfavorable for those who were admitted but are now living abroad. Even though I am not a big fan of it, I would say that the least-worse ("a last hope" for us to start our PhD) scenario is an online Fall semester--yet that may imply further challenges regarding funding for those abroad that were admitted with assistantships. Again, all we can do right now is just hoping for the very best. This is frustrating at least. After such effort put on applications, and feeling rewarded for it, then this Covid-19 unfolds. It is just disheartening.
|US Universities||Economics, PhD (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 21 May 2020 ||I||20 May 2020|
- Metoo, I hope they will keep our admission till Spring.
|US Universities||Economics, PhD (F20)||Other via POST on 20 May 2020 ||O||20 May 2020|
- TPB Same situation over here. Several US Embassies in Latin America have suspended all immigrant visa appointments. Our only hope is that restrictions due to Covid-19 are gradually lifted in the upcoming weeks in our home countries, so that the US Embassies begin to work again and then you can request for an emergency ("expedited") appointment. Unfortunately, every email I receive from my University makes it seem as if they just don't take into account the situation currently faced by incoming PhD students from abroad. Let's just hope for the best.
|US Universities||Economics, PhD (F20)||Other via POST on 20 May 2020 ||I||20 May 2020|
- Anyone else having trouble getting a student visa in this situation? In my case, I phoned the US Embassy and told me all visa processes have been temporarily suspended. I got an appointment for my visa interview in September and my PhD classes are starting in August. This is so crazy!
|QEM||Economics, Masters (F20)||Accepted via E-mail on 1 May 2020 ||A||19 May 2020|
- declined the full scholarship
|University Of Mannheim, CDSE||Economics, PhD (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 19 May 2020 ||U||19 May 2020|
|University Of Mannheim (CDSE)||Economics, PhD (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 19 May 2020 Undergrad GPA: 3.40|
GRE General (V/Q/W): 149/164/3.50
GRE Subject: n/a
|I||19 May 2020|
|Mannheim CDSE||Economics, PhD (F20)||Rejected via E-mail on 19 May 2020 ||I||19 May 2020|